NHSN is the nation’s most widely used healthcare-associated infection tracking system. NHSN provides facilities, states, regions, and the nation with data needed to identify problem areas, measure the progress of prevention efforts, and ultimately eliminate healthcare-associated infections. Contact the NHSN Helpdesk with any questions.
2020 NHSN Data Deadlines
- Q1 (Jan.-March 2020): June 30
- Q2 (April-June 2020): Sept. 30
- Q3 (Jul.-Sept. 2020): Dec. 31
- Q4 (Oct.-Dec. 2020): March 31, 2021
- Review the NHSN Dialysis Event Protocol to ensure all data were correctly reported to NHSN.
- Three Steps to Review Dialysis Event Surveillance Data
- Use the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for CMS ESRD QIP guide to verify your facility has met the minimum CMS reporting requirements.
- Refer to the How to Create and Read an NHSN Report for Bloodstream Infections guide to review your facility’s bloodstream infection rates.
Contact the NHSN Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line ‘Dialysis’) with any questions.