When Mother Nature decides to throw a life curve ball, being be prepared is essential for those unexpected disasters that can disrupt care. We’ve compiled Disaster and Emergency Preparedness resources and tools that can help patients, caregivers and providers plan for those unexpected events.
- Diabetic 3-Day Emergency Diet English
- Non-Diabetic 3-Day Emergency Diet English
- Pediatric 3-Day Emergency Diet English
- How To Disinfect My Drinking Water English
- In Case of Emergency English
- Extreme Heat Safety Tips
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis
- Infection Control for Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Patients After a Disaster
- Drink Safe Water
- Winter Storms Extreme Cold Safety Tips
- Dialysis Emergency Takeoff
Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER)
- DaVita: 800.400.8331
- Fresenius: 800.626.1297
- DCI: 866.424.1990
- DCI Donor Hotline/Transient Patients: 800.969.4438
- ARA: 888.880.6867
- SAMHSA – Disaster Distress Helpline: 800.985.5990
- US Renal Care: 866.671.8772
- Veteran Disaster Relief Hotline Number: 800-507-4571
KCER has many valuable resources for patients and dialysis facilities. Visit the KCER website for more information.
KCER Ready is a self assessment that can help dialysis facilities and ESRD organizations evaluate their level of preparedness.
Dialysis Facility Resources
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule
- Emergency Preparedness for Dialysis Care Facilities: A Guide for Chronic Dialysis Facilities
- Planning for Natural Disasters and Other Types of Emergencies: A Guide for Dialysis Facilities (NKF)
- Bringing Hemodialysis Facilities Water Systems Back on Line After a Disaster
State & Federal Resources
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Ready America is a national public service campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural and man-made disasters. Visit the Ready America website for national, local and children’s resources.
A Spanish language version of this site is available. Other languages are also available on this page.