The Patient Services Department works closely with both renal patients and dialysis facilities to:
- Promote improved communications between facility staff members and patients;
- Assist in grievance resolution, mediation and technical assistance for patient and facility concerns;
- Support appropriate access to dialysis care;
- Collaborate with the State Survey Agencies to ensure patient safety;
- Develop educational resources and programs for patients and facility staff;
- Promote patient engagement at the facility and Network level;
- Ensure that the voice of the patient is heard throughout Network activities via the Patient Advisory Council and patient Subject Matter Experts.