Board of Directors
The ESRD Network Board of Directors oversees and manages the operations of the ESRD Network 12 contract with the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS). The ESRD Network 12 Board of Directors assures that the contract is effectively managed in accordance with the contract requirements and ensures strict adherence to corporate compliance and financial management policies and procedures.
The ESRD Network Board of Directors may have up to thirteen (13) members who either practice or reside in the 4-state service area (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska). Board representation includes:
- the Chair of the Network Medical Review Board (ex officio)
- at least two nephrologist representatives
- at least one (1) patient representative
- At-Large positions may include renal professionals from the following areas:
- Pediatric Nephrology;
- Vascular Access;
- Social Work;
- Technical expertise in renal care;
- Administration; and
- Any other subject matter expert(s) as determined by the ESRD Network 12 Board of Directors
The members of the Board of Directors are elected (patient representatives are appointed). Nominations for new members are solicited from the renal community in the four-state service area each year for open positions, and an election is held in the fall. Approximately 33 percent of the positions are open each year. All members of the ESRD Network Board of Directors serve for three (3) year terms of office. Members may not serve more than two (2) consecutive three (3) year terms on the ESRD Network Division Board of Directors.
Network Board of Directors members are not compensated for their service.