Patient Engagement – Topic of the Month
Heartland Kidney Network is committed to assisting facilities in meeting the CMS and Network goal of improving patient engagement at the facility level. In 2018, the Network is incorporating patient engagement into all of our Quality Improvement Activities and we will be continuing the “Share How You Care” initiative. We will continue to gather and share the wonderful ways facilities are engaging their patients through the Patient Engagement Showcase. We ask that every facility share at least one activity throughout the year.
Monthly Topic Sheets
Each month we will providing ideas specific to the next month’s topic highlighted in the “Be Active in Your Care” Patient Engagement Calendar. We encourage you to work with your Network Patient Representative (NPR) in this endeavor and will be sharing the resource information during the monthly NPR Connection Calls.
- Jan. | My Life: Active and Healthy Living
- Feb. | My Network: Speak Up and Share
- March | My Plan: My Wishes
- April | My Choices: Talk Transplant
- May | My Life: Prevention Saves Lives
- June | My Life: Coping and Depression
- July | My Treatment: Fluid Matters
- Aug. | My Network: Rights and Responsibilities
- Sept. | My Plan: Be Prepared
- Oct. | My Life: Prevention Saves Lives
- Nov. | My Life: Thriving More Than Surviving
- Dec. | My Choices: My Lifeline