BSI Root Cause Analysis
The Network-created Bloodstream Infection Root Cause Analysis is a one-page tool used to determine the potential source of infection and/or breaks in patient care procedures specific to the presence of a central venous catheter or vascular access. Please print, share, and utilize this tool on an as needed basis in commitment to building a culture of continuous quality improvement at your clinic.
5 Diamond Safety Program
A COVID-19 module has been added to the 5 Diamond Patient Safety Program website and is available for any dialysis provider to access. The module was developed in partnership with American Society of Nephrology.
Objectives for the module include:
- Discuss the coronavirus (COVID-19), including what it is and how it spreads.
- Identify symptoms of COVID-19.
- Describe the important steps a facility must take in assessment and triage of its patients.
- Explain “source control.”
- Understand actions a facility should take to prepare for COVID-19 within its patient population.
Facilities can access this module and earn a Diamond by:
- Selecting the COVID-19 Module on the 5 Diamond Homepage
- Login or register
- Download materials for facility staff
- Complete module activities
- Submit reporting form
- Print 5 Diamond certificate