Resources from ESRD NCC Patient Group
By following the links below, you will find patient resources developed by patient participants within the ESRD NCC’s Bloodstream Infections Affinity Group. Please print and share these resources as an adjunct to your BSI education.
- Tips for Staying Healthy Outside of the Dialysis Clinic – The information in this handout was gathered by patients to help patients remain healthy outside the dialysis clinic.
- Guide to a Healthier You – This resource is a quick overview of what you need to know about your dialysis treatment.
This resource was created by Qsource ESRD Networks and reviewed by ESRD patients featuring tips to remain infection free and why it is so important for dialysis patients.
Six Tips to Prevent Infections in Dialysis Infections
Attached you will find the 6 Tips to Prevent Dialysis Infections one-page resource in English & Spanish, developed by the Centers for Disease Control as a method regarding measures to take in the prevention of dialysis access infections.
Infection Control Audits
To improve the likelihood of sustaining improvements in your clinic’s bloodstream infection rate, please download and print CDC Infection Control Audits if you do not currently have them.
Some of the applicable audit categories include:
- Hand Hygiene
- Dialysis Station Disinfection
- Central Venous Catheter Care & Exit Site
- AV Fistula/Graft Cannulation & Decannulation
- Injection Safety
Present these to your direct patient care staff during a meeting or brief huddle and encourage completion of at least three (3) audits on other teammates to be reviewed by the clinic manager for follow-up education opportunities during the next meeting.